Starting a business can be daunting, but with the proper preparation anything is possible. Business courses and education can be beneficial, but the best way to truly tackle the demands of running a business is to be prepared to lead and manage a team, set priorities, and handle any conflict that arises. In order to reach success it is important to remember to not give up, be proactive, and to know the difference between being busy and being productive.
To this effect, Byron Morrison’s book “Maybe You Should Give Up: Seven Ways to Get Out of Your Own Way and Take Control of Your Life” offers advice on how to break down tasks into manageable sections, take risks, and act consistently to make progress towards set goals. With effort and a positive outlook, anything is possible.
Quick Show Guide
- (00:00 – 04:50) Byron’s Journey to Becoming a CEO and Learning to Lead
- (04:50 – 09:18) Overcoming Overwhelm and Overthinking to Take Action in Your Business
- (09:19 – 14:00) Overcoming Fear and Busywork as an Entrepreneur
- (14:00 – 18:41) Coming Out of the Rut: How To Move From Burnout to Productivity
- (18:41 – 21:28) 7 Steps to Overcome Your Own Roadblocks and Take Control of Your Life
- Change your focus to who you need to become and not just what you want.
- Take control of your life and become the person you want to be.
- Aim to tackle the bigger picture and tackle big tasks first.
- Starting a business requires learning how to lead and manage a team, prioritize tasks, and deal with conflict.
- Take action to avoid feeling overwhelmed and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Don’t give up in the face of difficulty and be willing to adapt and try different approaches.
- Take risks and commit to doing something everyday for 30 days.
Connect with Byron Morrison
I trust you learned a lot from Byron and are ready to learn even more.
Purchase his book today on Amazon:
And connect with him on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorbyronmorrison and
Be sure to follow him on Instagram at: https://www.instagram.com/authorbyronmorrison/
For more details on how you can work with Byron, check out his website at: https://www.byronmorrison.com/
Need a Transcript?
Full transcript available upon request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to make sure that everyone can access this podcast in a way that works best for them.